1. All of our appointments are scheduled with a 2-hour arrival time window, which allows us to account for varying appointment durations, traffic delays and travel time in between appointments (some appointments are 45-60 minutes apart while others are only 5 minutes away). Please make sure you are available during the full 2-hour window, as we are NOT able to accommodate any specific time requests for the reasons listed above.
2. Our schedule for the day is always pre-planned and we work within strict timelines, so we cannot delay our services after we arrive to wait for other family members. Please make sure everyone who wants to be at the appointment is present and available during your full 2-hour arrival time window.
3. Cancellations without 24 hours of notice before the beginning of your arrival time window will incur an automatic cancellation fee of $50 without exception. Since we reserve 2 hours for the time and travel for each appointment, there is a significant portion of our working hours that we can no longer offer to other clients. We appreciate your understanding of our scheduling process and thank you for respecting our commitment to the clients we serve. If we travel to your house and you are not home or your pet is not available (cat will not come out from hiding or aggressive dog cannot be muzzled), the $99 house call fee will be automatically processed without exception. As a courtesy, we will wait a MAXIMUM of 5 minutes before departing.
4. If we are examining a cat during your appointment, please make sure they are accessible when we arrive. If your cat is nervous or skittish, they should be kept in an enclosed room with the least amount of hiding spots, such as a bathroom, office or bedroom. This will ensure they remain as comfortable as possible during the appointment without getting nervous or stressed from being chased around the house.
5. We proudly work with cats and dogs of all breeds, sizes and temperaments. However if your pet shows any signs of aggression (showing their teeth, growling, snapping, etc.), you will need to place one of our muzzles on them for everyone’s safety. Our muzzles do not hurt or cause any discomfort. If you are not able to muzzle your pet (if they have shown signs of aggression), we will not be able to provide any services and you will still be charged the $99 house call exam fee for our time and travel.
6. All of our appointments are prescheduled with an average lead time of 2-5 days. We do not provide emergency services, so if your pet is experiencing a medical emergency, you will need to take them to an emergency animal hospital. As a house call veterinary practice with only 1 veterinarian, we can only be in one place at one time. Since our schedule is fully booked every day, we are not able to “squeeze-in” any additional appointments even if your pet is sick or in need of urgent medical care. You can view our current availability at anytime by scheduling an appointment online at: vipvetvisit.com/schedule.
7. Due to the demand for our services and the tight timeline necessary to stay on schedule each day, we are only able to help clients within our service area. We unfortunately cannot make exceptions to this even if the location is right next to an area we service. You can check to see if we service your location by entering your zip code above.
Due to the overwhelming demand for our services, we are unable to travel outside of our service area without exception.
Less Stress • More Convenient • Better Care
Over 100 5-Star Reviews In The Past 12 Months With A 5-Star Overall Review Rating On Google!
Meet Your Vet
Meet Your Vet
Dr. Karie Johnson
Co-founder of VIP Vet Visit and your local Chicagoland traveling veterinarian – serving the southwest Chicago suburbs.
Providing you and your pet(s) with a continuous relationship with her as your personal vet for every appointment.
Offering flexible scheduling where you can book appointments online with convenient 2-hour arrival time windows.